Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Preparation

Preparation, according to the Collins dictionary is 'the act or process of preparing'. Quite lazy. The definition according to the Stephen Collins dictionary however is somewhat different. It involves three crucial steps:
1. Equipment - being 800kms from the bike you are to ride.
2. A strict diet - replacing main meals with profiteroles, and
3. Training - Not using cruise control will assist in foot muscle development.

I have been asked quite often what worries me about the trip. My usual answer is semi-sarcastic involving Ravenshoe, Qld's highest town, and crocodiles. The desire to get on the road and start raising money and awareness has refused my head the spare time to think. But now that things begin to come together such thoughts are dawning on me. I fear that I can't see bike shorts as anything more than public underpants. I fear my inability to function beyond the comfort of a bed on cold mornings. But most of all, I fear my craving of vanilla thickshakes during riding may result in some sort of bloated, lethargic drowning. These are the fears that currently plague my mind.

Thank you to all who have donated so far! It has been a great start and has me really looking forward to raising more money and awarness on the road! I hope to up the target soon after leaving! An article in the Monash leader should be out next week on my ride and the cause which can do nothing but good for raising awareness. Fortunately I have done about as much organisation as I can for the moment so will spend this last week collecting as many donations as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment